Once you have received a number of bids from interested suppliers you should:
- shortlist suppliers
- evaluate and assess each supplier
- award the contract
The evaluation process needs to be fair, open and transparent. Suppliers should be assessed using a clear scoring scheme and the winning supplier announced publicly.
Make sure that you:
- evaluate suppliers as a team, composed of all stakeholders who will be involved in the use of the product/service.
- balance the level of evaluation to the value or complexity of the work
- avoid any bias affecting the evaluation
- keep a record of every stage of the evaluation and award process